These would’ve been perfect for Valentine’s Day. Oh well, maybe next year. But they’re still really delicious and easy to make, so you should bake some chocolate chip cookies using this simple recipe and get fatter than ever before.
I love recipe videos done by people with a dry, dark sense of humor like the guy from You Suck at Cooking. The commentary delivered while he’s baking these heart shaped chocolate chip cookies is what sets the video apart from other choco chip cookie recipe videos. I’m sure there are many.
Time you’ll need to make these: About 15-20 minutes (if you suck at baking)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.5 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of all purpose flour (spooned into the cup to avoid packing it and ending up with too much flour)
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Baking Instructions (Because you suck and can’t figure it out on your own.)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (approximately 190°C)
- Combine brown sugar and melted butter
- Add egg and vanilla extra, then combine some more
- Combine your still dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) separately
- Add dry ingredient mix to wet ingredients, and combine until it’s a dough
- Add chocolate chips and mix them into the dough
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Add globs or heart shapes of dough to the baking sheet
- Bake cookies for roughly 10 minutes
After that, go share your heart shaped cookies with a loved one… or annihilate them all by yourself!